Coconut is the hero ingredient in hair care. It has more of its roots in India towards South India. India is the third largest producer of coconut, and celebrate World Coconut Day on September 2, every year. Coconut has its nutritional benefits in food, but today let us talk about skin and hair benefits of coconut powder today.
- It is known to add moisturisation and conditioning properties to hair.
- It adds a natural luster and make hair shiny, bouncy and manageable.
- It is one of the light oils available for hair. This makes it to easily penetrate into hair shafts and start working.
- It helps in growth of hair, and prevents hair damage as well.
- It is non-grainy powder and makes a mushy paste, which makes it easy to use as well.
How to use-
- Take some coconut powder in a bowl. Add activating medium of your choice (such as, onion juice, oil, water, curd, herbal tea, etc). After 5 minutes, apply all over your scalp and hair lengths. Leave for an hour and wash off. You can even add hibiscus powder to it for more benefits.
- You can use it as face mask (after patch test). Take some coconut powder and add activating medium of your choice. Make it a bit thicker as compared to hair mask. Apply on face and leave for 5 minutes. Dampen it again, massage a bit, and wash off.
- Patch test recommended.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Keep it away from humidity.